Monday, January 26, 2009

Unconfessed Sins? Surrender in Prayer...

As a pastor's wife, many look to me for advice, or even as a spiritual mentor of sorts. I kind of have a difficult time being in this role model position, I feel like I am the one who should be looking for help, so it is difficult for me to feel like I can be there for others.

Many times in our lives we can't be a spiritual pillar, or even earnestly pray, and spend time with our Lord because we have allowed ourselves to be separated by sinful behaviors. Even in Psalm 66:18 I recently read about hidden sin, and how it separates us from God. I don't want anything to keep me from serving and praising my Lord. Whether that be an attitude, or thoughts that I shouldn't have, I want to surrender those sinful behaviors to God, so that I can have a closer fellowship with Him.

Many times it is important to have an accountability to others, whether it be your husband, your friends, or whomever else you trust as a brother or sister in Christ. This accountability partner can keep you in check in regards to your prayer time and scripture time. I am reminded by my hubby at various times about my lack of Bible/prayer time, when I get in a "mood". Of course there are times that I am reminding him as well.

I believe that the key to a strong prayer life with the Lord is to start with our confession of sin.

If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Psalm 66:18-19

1 comment:

Glenna said...

VERY COOL BLOG!!!!
I will be back!!!!

gg♥